Wednesday, October 15, 2008

weekend update

This past weekend Brad's parents came to town for Brad's White Coat Ceremony. Basically Brad received his white coat and took the Hippocratic oath - so now he's a dental student with morals. It also means he can start performing on actual patients, which I hear is where the real fun begins.

Here we are in front of the school sign, if you look closely you can see our house in the background - we still love being so close.



Diane was generous enough to bring Brad and I some food storage. Now I don't have to feel like a hypocrite having just given a talk in church on emergency preparedness with out actually being prepared myself. The truth is we have already started to dive into the food; the apple sauce was just too tempting! We also have peaches, jam, apple pie filling, pears and 25 pounds of oatmeal. Good-ness we cleaned up. In this picture you can also see the "vintage" 70's contact paper on the pantry shelves. I'm never taking it off, it's so awesome.



They were also kind enough to schlep down our dining room table that was generously gifted to us by Brad's brother and sister-in-law. This is now my favorite thing in our apartment. It's an old farm house table that has two pieces that slide out from each end and then lock in to place to make the table longer. You can see that they store underneath when not in use. It's a dark mahogany color that cleaned up well with Howard's Restore-A-Finish (plus Ross and Brad's elbow work). We are guessing it could easily be 100 years old, and I am a huge fan! Thank you Ken and Cristie, we will love it as our own.




Aren't the end chairs fantastic? There are benches for each side, but we are using them in our living room as a coffee table.

Here is Brad getting his white coat, so studly!

We also got a tour of the campus, so Brad got to show off the teeth he's been working on in the lab over the last few months.


We'll have to take one like this on graduation day, but maybe without my hand looking so weird.



7 comments:

Scott said...

Oh Brad we're so proud of you! Life sucks without you two but soon Bailey will suck the life out of us...haha that sounds so negative. Brace yourself for baby pictures within the next few weeks!

Kim Gardner said...

Yo!!!!! So, I discovered your blog. AND, even more crazy. I know a couple of guys who are at the same dental school as your hubby! My BFF Chris used to go there (but doesn't anymore), but his brother Danny Jacobsen does. Do you guys know him?? I think he's a second year.

Kristin said...

LOVE the table. Did those chairs come with it? They're pretty great too. I'm glad to see some pictures!

I can't believe Brad already can work on real patients. Speaking of students with morals, Jeff just passed this big analysts test...but failed the ethics section. Classic. Congratulations, Brad!

ashley said...

That table is totally awesome. I love it. And I love that Brad is now a moral student..way to go Brad! Are you going to let him work on your teeth Bridge?

Kristen Miner said...

Your hand does not look weird, btw. And hey, did you also include a tube of sunscreen inside the umbrella stroller you gave us. We busted the thing out last week and I found the tube then. I thought maybe Babies-R-Us included it, but when I went today none of the other strollers have one. So if you did, thank you so much. And I am so sorry I missed it before. For fair skinned people, it's perfect!

Ellie said...

Brad, I think you should wear nothing BUT the white coat to school...cause some chaos. Congrats though. And I do, love, love, love the table..its very old school classy.

jenny said...

Oh my gosh. The table is amazing! AND YOU GUYS ARE SO ADORABLE AND GROWN UP. Brad looks like a REAL DENTIST. You can tell him I said that. I just hope he never gets a Willardson as a patient. Our teeth are doozies. I MISS YOU TONS