Thursday, August 14, 2008

more from alton


Well our apartment has really grown on us. Brad and I think we might be able to live here all four years because the location is great and the space is excellent. We'll just to work on cleaning and fixing a few things. Yesterday we purchased (only because it was a really great sale) another AC unit, so now we can sleep in our room :) We moved the bed out of the living room yesterday, which is just in time for Scott and Nicole to sleep on our air matress in there tomorrow. We went to Naperville over the weekend and went garage sale shopping with Brad's neighbor (who by the way should have a degree in professional garage sale shopping) and found some great things. We got a dining room table with four chairs and a table lamp. We would have bought more, but we were lucky to get those few items into the civic. We also aquired 2 end table from Brad's sister-in-law, and a nicer dining room table that we will have to figure out how to get to Alton some day. Everyone has been so generous!



This is our bed in our living room and not on it's frame.





Brad is doing well in dental school. His classes and class mates seem great and he is already learning the ins and outs of his schedule. Over the last week we have been trying to get all his equipment and gear together. He needs several pairs of scrubs because he has to wear them everyday to class. Did you know the show Grey's Anatomy makes scrubs? They are actually made of this really excellent material and they are wayyy comfy. Of course they are more expensive so maybe someday...



I wish I had good news about the job front. I have applied to a million jobs and it seems that either half of them are scams, or I am over-qualified, or they have filled the position, or I don't have enough years of experience. Blah. It's been rough, but we don't really have a choice. Unfortunely, being the wife of a dental student does not mean I get to stay home and eat bon-bons all day :) If anyone knows of any job opportunities in the St. Louis or surrounding areas let me know!

5 comments:

jenny said...

I LOVE YOUR PLACE. ITS SO CUTE ALREADY. I miss you guys. Keep up the bloggie

Kristin said...

I can't believe Brad has already started. It seems like you just left! The place is looking fabulous (love those floors!) and I'm glad you were able to upgrade to an actual bedroom :)

ashley said...

oooh...your place looks very cute! Hope you find a job soon. I missed seeing you in Provolone last weekend :(

Carn Family said...

Looks like a great place. How nice to finally be able to sleep in your bedroom.

Ellie said...

I highly approve of your furnishings :) If anyone can make a place even cuter, its Bridget...