Thursday, May 15, 2008

how many of us?

This link gives you a search engine that goes through the census bureau and searches for people that match your name. (thanks for your post jen)

Bridget's Results: I've decided it's a good thing I got married, because now I'm a one of a kind! With my maiden name there are exactly 132 others with the same full name! With my married name, there are zero with the same name (my new name probably hasn't hit the census yet).

Brad's Results: There is 1 Brad found in the census bureau. Is this the same Brad I know and love, or is there one other rogue Brad out there? Interesting.

Fun Facts about Names in the US:
  • 50,213 people are named John Smith
  • 1,063 people are named James Bond
  • 309 people are named Charlie Brown (no lie, I went on a date with one of those)
  • 114 people are named Harry Potter
  • 510 people are named George Bush
  • 32 people are named Emily Dickinson
  • 39 people are named Johnny Cash
  • 14 people are named Bruce Wayne

1 comment:

Kristin said...

They should list the phone numbers of the Bruce Waynes. rawr.