Friday, November 2, 2007

the finer things club

Jim's irish accent on the office last night had both brad and I wishing we were in the Finer Things Club... if you know what I mean...

By the way, that was the best episode so far this season. Here are some quotes to re-live the magic again and again. ALL GOLD.

**********

Michael: [dictating a want-ad for Stanley’s replacement] Wanted: middle-aged black man with sass. Big butt. Bigger heart. I can’t…do this…

**********

Dwight: The eyes are the groin of the head.

**********

Andy: The “Finer Things Club” is the most exclusive club in this office. Naturally it’s where I need to be. The Party Planning Committee is my backup and Kevin’s band is my safety.

**********

Michael: You cannot take the hilarious black guy from the office. Stanley is part of what makes this branch so extraordinary: the bluesy wisdom, the sassy remarks, the crossword puzzles, the smile, those big watery red eyes. I don’t know how George Bush did it when Colin Powell left.

4 comments:

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley said...

I deleted the first comment b/c I made a spelling error. Sorry. But, that episode definitely was the best of the season BY FAR. Sam and I laughed the whole time. Did you color your hair? It looks darker than normal. I like it!

Ellie said...

Don't forget the classic last scene...when Jim is asked what the main character is in 'Angela's Ashes'

Jim: "Angela....ummm...ashes?". Haha. I want Jim to work in my office.

ashley said...

hmmm...was the movie good? I might have to see it just for that. I haven't listened to that cd in forever! I'll have to do that today!