Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WEARING ME OUT

Lately this little chicken has been moving a mile a minute, getting in to everything and putting even more in her mouth. We are constantly on high alert - Is she chewing something? WHAT is in her mouth? Brad can you come pin her down while I pry open her jaw? And she doesn't discriminate. Yesterday she was casually munching on a large piece of red onion that I had unknowingly dropped on the floor while cooking. I should probably be more diligent, what if I had dropped raw chicken? ACK. So we've started calling her Houdini which is fun because for some reason she finds the word hilarious. If I can just catch her cracking up on video having a kid might actually start paying off.

Otherwise we finally started baby-proofing. I know we're a little behind, but I think we were in denial. Or maybe just lazy. Goodbye easily accessible power strips and electrical cords. Hello baby gate. Which by the way I hate, but it's a necessary evil. She loves to make a run for it while I'm cooking and then stuffs as many stray particles into her mouth as possible. And as much as I love a good game of "please don't bite my finger" while I try to retrieve non-edible items from her , I've found keeping little Houdini contained a whole lot easier.

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

I know exactly how you feel! Thats when I started vacuuming every day. And the baby gate is blissful! It is such a relief to have containment. The problem I run into now is that the boys legs are just long enough to knock it over while they try to get through...

irondave said...

Seriously beautiful daughter, you need to write and become a photographer. Am I prejudiced? Likely. So what's your point? Doesn't change the fact that I think you need to write and write and write some more. You have a talent. You see. You feel. And you can communicate that wonderfully by arranging letters and spaces and words. You also make gorgeous daughters. Love, dad