Monday, February 28, 2011

RAISE YOUR HAND

... if you wish you could be Hailee Steinfeld. Because, seriously? Beyond the fact that she is:

nice
cute as a button
well spoken
one frickin talented 14 year-old

... she got to wear this dress. To the Oscars. Where she was nominated. Sigh.


What was I doing at 14? Oh that's right, jumping on my trampoline and listening to Natalie Imbruglia.

Yesterday's winner Melissa Leo was first nominated two years ago which means to be in Hailee Steinfeld's same place Melissa had to wait THIRTY FOUR more years. Ouch. But I guess that's better than my statistics for potentially being nominated for an Oscar.

Sidenote - Here's another fun fact that blew my mind yesterday. The first movie Jennifer Hudson was in, she won an Oscar. The first album she ever recorded, she won a Grammy. That would be fantastic and all but I would be seriously paralyzed by my own standards. What is there left to do but go for the EGOT?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is my future wedding dress...with a few modifications of course! I love it!

Unknown said...

ps Just in case you were wondering...that comment has nothing to do with anything. There is still no wedding happening anytime soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, looks like y'all are doing great. Thanks for the random email you sent on 2/18/11. I have no idea what it said and I didn't open the link either.

David and Jana said...

You're funny, Bridget! When I was 14, I was babysitting and dreaming of what I would wear to my first dance. I was in 8th grade and got a haircut, perm and contacts all in the same weekend. And I bought all my clothes with my babysitting money @ Susie's Deals, the coolest clothes dollar store.
I love your random posts!
PS I need to return your books!