Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MODEST IS HOTTEST

So our little guy/gal has learned some early modesty and wouldn't uncross the legs to show us the goods. He/she was curled up in a ball just relaxing - no poking or shaking from the technician was going to uncurl him/her. I was also measuring at 17 weeks which is a week earlier than you can normally tell the gender. They are going to have my doctor take a look at all the pictures and then schedule me for another ultrasound in a few weeks. Sorry to get everyone worked up! But I'll open up poll again until we know for sure.

We did get some pictures of arms and legs and head and toes. We asked if the head was measuring particularly large and she said it looked normal sized so far - I'm just worried about delivering the compounded genetic result of mine and Brad's large noggins.

Brad promised to scan the pictures tonight so look for them in a few hours.

Thanks for all the well wishes and congrats - I didn't think anyone checked our blog anymore since I've been seriously negligent.

5 comments:

David and Jana said...

ok ok, modest IS good! It just makes the anticipation that much more. So happy for you! I still can't believe you were able to keep your secret for so long!!!

Kristin said...

No way! I was so excited! Oh baby Carn, thy name shall be Prudence, or some boy version. Can't wait till next time! Post those scans Stat please.

Clay and Katy said...

oh that is so sad...be patient these next couple of weeks...that would be hard!!! i bet the rest of him/her was cute :)

ashley said...

Wahhh!!

Nicole said...

only 17 weeks?! how far along are you really?! that's a bummer but at least you get to have another one! (i loved getting ultrasounds!) we are excited for you guys and we hope you had a good Christmas!