Thursday, September 10, 2009

UTAH: PART DEUX

Our big goal of our trip was to climb Mt Timpanogos. I did it once my freshman year and Brad has never done it. While we’ve always heard that it’s the quintessential Utah Valley Hike we’ve also heard it was on the tougher side. Brad and I consider ourselves experienced hikers, but we haven’t done much of that in Illinois (remember the all consuming flatness we’re currently blessed with?). We got to the trail head at 6:30 AM and reached the summit around eleven. We spent some time at the tip-top and signed our names in the guest book. Luckily we were there on a Tuesday so it wasn’t too busy; according to said guest book at least 100 people had been there the Saturday before. The hike really isn’t that difficult, it’s just looooong. The last mile to the summit is a bit precarious; I wouldn’t suggest it to the faint of heart. But reaching the saddle just below the peak is still worth it, you still get to see the incredible view of the valley. Once we finally made it back to the car we visited JDawgs before heading back to my mom’s house. We took about a million pictures so I’m sorry to post so many - it’s just easier to add a bunch then to decide which ones I like.


The More You Know Moment: Brad and I didn’t pack sunscreen. We were foolish. Between the back of Brad’s arms and my face, once we started peeling we were one aloe bottle away from joining a leprosy colony. Choosing to hike mid-summer in high altitude = not our smartest move.





















2 comments:

Chris and Angie Carn said...

WOW..good thing you had water on your trip.

Karen said...

you guys are studly