Friday, June 6, 2008

Bridget's recent observations


OBSERVATION #1: Do not dice up a jalepeno pepper while preparing a delicious meal for your husband and then proceed to touch the tip of your nose or corner of your eye. I did that a few days ago and the entire left side of my face puffed up, turned bright red, and felt like I had a third degree burn. Those suckers are powerful little guys! I haven't given birth or broken a bone but that was hands down the most painful 45 minutes of my life. After flushing it with water, then milk, then Visine it seemed to wash it out enough to stop me from thinking I was permentaly blind. HORRIBLE!

OBSERVATION #2: When I leave my desk for even 30 seconds my boss somehow has this sixth sense to come and tell me something at that exact moment. When she gets to my desk and finds I'm not there she sits in my chair to wait for my return. Then when I do return she proceeds to sit in my chair and give me the "vital" information. The entire time I'm annoyed that she's sitting in my chair and I'm not listening to a word she says. To me it feels like the ultimate superiorty complex. I signed a million papers when I started this job that said they can snoop through all my emails and my online activity, but I did not sign any paperwork that allows my boss to sit at my desk for 20 minutes while she tells me something that could have been explained in a one sentence email. All you bosses out there, don't ever do this, I may be crazy but it feels insanely disrespectful.

OBSERVATION #3: Our bathrooms have an automatic light switch that turns on when you enter the bathroom. It then turns off after it senses a certain period of inactivity. So yesterday I entered the bathroom to have the light switch turn on, but as soon as it did I noticed that some poor woman was sitting in one of the stalls. I don't want to think about this too much. Because first of all I don't want to know how long she sat there before the light turned off. Second I don't want to know how long she sat there without realizing that she could have probably waved her arm or something and it would have turned back on. And third I really don't want to know what position she holds in our fortune 500 company, since this bathroom is located on the executive floor. Yikes.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

yikes, that poor woman. she must have been really embarrassed. PS, i don't check your blog for three days and suddenly there are eight new posts

Scott said...

The pepper incident sounds terrible, a very astute observation. In Brazil my companion bit into a fresh crazy Brazilian type red jalepeno, on purpose, and I watched as his throat closed and he did everything he could not to panic. I'm guessing the eye and nose felt similar. He didn't die and I'm glad you're not blind. Sometimes bosses can really suck!

jenny said...

Poor lady. She musta been in there for days