Tuesday, June 3, 2008

1st Annual Carn Fish Fry 2008

Brad loves to fish. However, we hardly ever go because we honestly don’t know that much about fishing in Utah. Cue Brad’s brother Chris! He is our guru for all things outdoors in Utah (the only exception is that he’s not a fan of back-packing). So Brad nagged Chris enough to convince him to organize a finishing trip to Scofield Reservoir. All I can say is that we weren’t the only suckers who believed that Memorial Day means sun screen and flip flops. For almost four hours we stood in the rain/sleet/snow/wind/freezing conditions in hopes of catching a delicious dinner for our 1st Annual Carn Fish Fry 2008. Brad caught a wimpy little guy that we had to let go and I didn’t catch any. Angie and Chris caught enough to make dinner for the four us (Angie made the catch of the day!). Throw in some French fries and onion rings and you’ve got yourself a good time. It was a great, but very cold day! Thank you Chris, I still blame Brad for picking the day with the worst possible weather! The above picture shows me forcing a smile because I honestly couldn' t feel my face.

Brothers that fish together, stay together
(plus it's a really cool picture of how awful the weather was)

This is happy me, before the cold set in and I retreated to the 80 degree truck.


This is happy Brad, he really loves fishing

2 comments:

ashley said...

Man, I was excited you blogged and then there were two more posts! Awesome.

PS--I would have been TICKED about that American Idol thing.

Scott said...

That is why more often than not its just better to go buy your meat then try to rassle it up yourself. I would have made a really poor pioneer I think.