Wednesday, April 16, 2008

gandalf

So you know that episode of Friends where Chandler and Ross's friend Gandalf is coming to town and they get all excited because they always end up doing unpredictable and crazy things when he’s around? Well when Brad’ brother Charlie comes to town as part of his semi-annual recruiting trips to BYU it feels a lot like that. Just Provo style. This is the same brother that when Brad and I were dating he took me out to get ice cream so he could find out if I wanted to marry Brad.

Well this latest trip eclipsed them all. The first night he was here we started off at a refined restaurant with a group of candidates and by the end of the night we were at our apartment playing poker with another Carn brother Dave, a couple we had never met before, and our good friends Scott and Nicole.

The second night we started out at the Chemical Engineering Banquet and ended up going bowling, and then back to our place to play Settlers of Catan while simultaneously downing 5,000 calories worth of chips, soda, and chocolate. Charlie then passed out on the couch as we tried to watch Season 3 of The Office at midnight.

Good times.

Sadly this was out last trip from Charlie while we still live in Provo, but it definately was the best.

Charlie and his son Ethan
(Brook: I hope you don't mind that I stole this from your blog!)

2 comments:

Carn Family said...

I am glad you had fun. I am still amazed that you married into the family after that trip to get ice cream. If Charlie can't scare you away no one can...and I am glad that you stuck around!

Kristen Miner said...

Yeah for Settlers! We got for Christmas from Sean's brother and it has been a great game. I am so disappointment that you need three people though. Nevertheless, a great game.