Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Extreme Home Workout

Brad has a new love in his life... P90X. A home workout system. The idea behind this workout is "muscle confusion". Each workout introduced new routines and moves so that your body never plateaus and so you don't get bored with working out. The only equipment you need is a pull-up bar and hand weights. The workouts have you doing things like Cardio, Plyomentrics, and Power Yoga.

So about a month ago I walked in to the family room to find Brad completely engrossed in a commercial advertisement for P90X. He turns to me when it's done and says "I think I want to try that". Right then I knew I was in trouble, because let me tell you something about Brad: when he gets something in his mind he has to spend hours pouring over the details, researching meticulously to look for the faults, and crunching the numbers to make sure everything makes sense. He becomes completely obsessed and almost no rational speaking from me can talk him out of it.

Now let me tell you something about me: I'm a cynic and I buy in to very little hype, especially when a very tan muscle bound man is the one trying to sell it to me. But after Brad's research, hearing an actor with no agenda randomly talking about it in an interview, and one of my co-workers being the physical testimony to it's wonderfulness I think I'm sold as well.

So we have obtained the 12 "highly diverse and intense workout" dvds and the nutrition guide and we are ready to go. We begin our 90 day program this weekend and while Brad's goal is to get "ripped again" my goal is to "tone up". If our before and after pics are anything spectacular they will posted on the blog. Here's to hoping I don't end up looking like this:



More P90X Info: http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x.do?code=GOOGLE_P90X

4 comments:

Lauren said...

You'll have to let me know how it goes!!! I have another friend doing it and she absolutely loves it so far. She just had a baby in December and is trying to get toned. She posts some updates about it every now and then...(http://bryceandmaddy.blogspot.com/)

ashley said...

Awesome, good luck! My parents do these and I think they like them. You should take before and after pictures.

jenny said...

I hope you do look like that. Sucka!

Kristen Miner said...

That is secretly what I look like under this maternity façade so careful what you wish for. It’s hot! :)