Thursday, December 13, 2012

FINNERS AT TWO AND A HALF


Here is a little bit of what Finley has been up to. 


She still takes a bath every night. With lots of bubbles.


We cut out naps a few months ago, but she only recently got fully adjusted to a non-nap schedule. Occasionally she's just had too much fun and falls asleep in random places for a bit. The upside to no naps? She now goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up at 8:00 or so the next morning. That makes me a happy mama! Now if only Reagan could follow suit.


Finley loves sitting in Reagan's things - which to be fair used to be her things so I can see how it's confusing. But a few weeks ago I found her sitting in Reagan's bouncer while Reagan was in it - Reagan was none too pleased. Plus she was forcing a binky in her mouth which is not how you go about making Reagan happy. (Notice Finley in a diaper. This was pre-potty training. As of two weeks ago there are no more diapers during the day! Hooray! Kinda of. It's still a work in progress.)


And this picture is to document her engineering mind. These are those bag clips from Ikea. I was cooking dinner and she was playing with them on the floor and all of sudden she says, "Mom, I'm making diamond shapes." And I looked down to this. Whaaaaaaat? I definitely did not teach her that - so thanks nursery, or Disney, or Sesame Street, or whatever/whoever taught her what diamonds are and how to make them. I'm clearly underestimating what she can learn. She must truly think my potty training dance is idiotic.

No comments: