Saturday, November 17, 2012

REAGAN FIVE MONTHS


Hi. I'm five months old now (well technically nearly six months, but my mom's a slacker and I can't type yet, so I blame her).  I am starting to show a lot personality. Most often I have my eyes wide open learning more about my crazy surroundings. But I really love to smile and laugh.

Mom has a lot of funny nicknames for me (Gipper, Reagie, Monkey) but the current one is: Bunsy. This came from calling me Reagan Buns, then Buns, then Bunsy. Even Finley calls me Bunsy, which mom thinks is sort of adorable.

I don't have any teeth yet, but mom checks my gums everyday. I've been gnawing on mom's hand constantly and sleeping horribly so I'm thinking they should pop through any day now. But I've been thinking that for about two months now... so who knows.



I finally decided to start rolling over, the trick is to tilt my large head to one side and magically my body follows. I can turn both directions. But I've decided I like being on my back best of all. When I get too tired to roll over, I put my head down and pout until mom feels sorry for me. Sucker! 



I've started eating solids (post on that coming soon) and I'm actually beginning to swallow more than I spit out. My favorite part is chewing on the spoon. YUM.

I've started grabbing everything in my sight. Once I can get a hand on something I either attempt to lift it over my head or try to put it in my mouth. If I can't reach something I stare at it for a really long time willing it to come to me.



I don't think I'll ever learn to crawl (or walk for that matter) because mom holds me all day long. If I'm not strapped into the baby bjorn mom carries me all over the house. Which is a good thing, because Finley likes to give me full body hugs. She has also started trying to feed me things and "helps" me drink for her sippy cup. I find it all very helpful, mom doesn't really feel the same way. Something about germs and me not being ready to eat a hot dog yet. Whatever. 


Finley does not love that I'm now the one sitting in the high chair. She tells me "Reagan, get out!  That's my chair!" Sometimes she still thinks she's the baby of the family. Sorry kid!


Even though Finley doesn't always love that I'm taking over the house. I can't wait until I can play with her. She seems hilarious. I laugh at most everything she does especially when I see her first thing in the morning (must be the bedhead). She has also started helping mom with my baths at night which is my favorite part of the day. I get really excited and squeal and kick my legs in anticipation of getting in the water. I hear Finley likes baths, but I LOVE baths.


My parents got wise (aka - took my Aunt Brooke's advice) and finally bought me a convertible car seat. Now I'm more upright and can finally get comfortable enough to sleep. I still complain and cry a lot, but I'm a lot happier overall. Now if only I could turn my head around enough to watch Pocahontas with Finley.


I'm a great eater and constantly get comments on my "healthiness." Mom feeds me well and can't get enough of holding me and squishing my cheeks, so what do you expect?

Mom is also a greedy holder, and has only now started letting other people take turns holding me. And since I'm so adorable I get passed around the room wherever I go. I don't mind other people, but I still like mom best of all.

1 comment:

David and Jana said...

So sweet! We called Adam "Buns" and "Chubbins" which came from chubby buns until he was about 3! Your girls are so beautiful!