Thursday, November 1, 2012

HALLOWEEN 2012


We had Halloween overload this year. We had four separate occasions to wear costumes which was actually a lot of fun. But the resulting amount of candy is not so friendly on the post baby diet. I'm pretty sure I've only had one vegetable in the last week. And you know you're a swell parent when you think "Oh, finally something healthy! A hot dog." After three days straight of nothing but refined sugar I was happy to see something with any kind of substance enter Finley's body. It's going to be a slow process in explaining to Finley that there really isn't any more candy hiding on top of the fridge (SHHHH. She doesn't have to know I put all the chocolate candy in the freezer.).

I had a good time making their costumes this year. As you can see Finley was our Roaring 20's flapper girl. Reagan was Minnie Mouse. I'm partial to the good old fashioned red Minnie... I don't really love the modern day pink version. For the Trunk Or Treat at our church I managed to dress up as June Cleaver. From the older crowd I got a "You look like my mom!" From my age group I got, "How did you do that with your hair?" or "Oh, I love Mad Men!" From the younger crowd I got a confused, "What are you supposed to be?" Oh generation gaps! LOVE IT.




This is Finley and her friend Eli. They are the two rascals of the nursery every Sunday. Definitely partners in crime with a love/hate relationship. What great historical duos aren't described that way? Well the infamous ones anyway.


One tired little Minnie Mouse at the library. Trick or Treating is exhausting!


This was a Halloween miracle that we got these three to sit still long enough for a picture. Never mind that they are totally unimpressed by the fact that I wanted to preserve this special childhood memory for them.


One of my favorite pictures ever! Not the best quality but the pose and facial expressions are awesome. Finley and James must get married when they grow up so they can recreate this pose for their 50th wedding anniversary.

Finley and James with their little sister and brother (respectively). This lasted all of three seconds before they both started pushing their siblings over. Eh. It'll happen.


 The dragon (Logan) and the Mouse (Reagan) got the best ride of the night.


Stroller brigade alert! We went to our friend's neighborhood dinner before we went trick or treating and this is the sight the neighborhood saw approaching! Ha!


It was dark by the time we started Trick or Treating - but my friend Joni was smart enough to have glow sticks for the kids. It also made for pretty awesome night pictures.


 





Aaaaaand this was Finley's response when I said "bathtime!" No she's not sleeping, she's pouting in her typical sprawled out fashion. I guess she was too tired to cry. Halloween was fun, but after a party and three separate trick or treatings I'm kinda worn out. Now excuse me while I go eat some Almond Joys like a good mom should.


1 comment:

Carn Family said...

The girls look amazing as usual. You amaze me every year with your costume making ablilities. And your costume was perfect as well. Did you make that too? It made me laugh that the Logan you went with wore the exact same costume as my Logan.