Monday, August 27, 2012

MY LITTLE VAN GOGH


So Pinterest is kind of hit and miss, right? Some stuff you think looks totally awesome does not even come close to working out. I've tried out some pretty gross recipes... and I won't even mention the number of sewing projects with horrible instructions that have ended in a total fail. But this suggestion was a huge success. All you do is put food coloring in condensed milk and it becomes non-toxic paint that is totally edible. I was always worried about Finley trying to eat regular paint, since she still eats crayons, but with this I don't even have to worry. The paint goes on really smooth and dries nice and glossy. We haven't held on to anything longer than a day or two so I don't know if I'd use it for something I want to keep forever but for a fun quiet project that keeps Finley in one spot for 30 minutes I give it two thumbs up.

Here she is being very intense about her art.


And here she is covered head to toe. Needless to say, it's usually bath time immediately after painting time.


No comments: