Thursday, March 20, 2008

This one is for Chris...

I've received a demand to update the blog! Sorry, apparently our blog is here to entertain Chris while he takes "breaks" from his work day :)

So the funniest revelation I've had about Brad since we got married is that he talks in his sleep. He must be more stressed out than normal because not only does he talk in his sleep but he is both "physically" and "verbally" abusive while doing it.

Case #1. About two weeks ago Brad fell asleep before me while I was up reading. About an hour after he fell asleep he leaned up on his elbow with this huge grin on his face and said really loud "You are ready to be born!". So I started laughing and then he started talking gibberish; the only thing I could really make out is that he was talking about money and our finances. Then he got really mad that I was laughing at him so he said "If you don't stop laughing I'm going to kick you in your face", which only made me laugh more. With that he pulled his leg back to wind up and kneed me in my back! He swears to not remember anything.

Case #2. Two nights ago I was up late reading and at one point Brad quickly sat straight up and starting saying "Where are the trumpets?" and proceeded to lift up the covers and crawl around the bed. Of course I am now familiar with his late night shenanigans so I started laughing. I told him to go back to sleep and he said "No wait, let me explain. You have money going in and money going out". This only made me laugh more at which point he said "Never mind, you are so annoying!". He was really mad at me and then turned his back on me. I told him that calling my "annoying" hurt my feelings and he said "I don't care". At that point I actually did get mad because I thought for a second: What if this is subconsciously what he really thinks about me? So I fell asleep and demanded an apology in the morning, he kind of remembers trying to talk to me about money but not much else. Oh, and he did apologize even though we both thought it was really funny.

What I've learned: don't laugh when Brad is talking in his sleep and Brad needs to stop reading all those financial books and start being nicer to his wife. Just kidding, love you!

8 comments:

Breanne King said...

Yeah Eddie is really funny when he talks in his sleep too! But he has never tried to kick me so you win there! One time he just said "Gosh, you really annoy me" and thats it. How mean are men in there sleep?!

Chris and Angie Carn said...

Its about time!!!

Ellie said...

Brad is that mean to me when he's awake....

jenny said...

Oh man that was the best. Because I can totally imagine him doing this.

"Where are the trumpets?" had to be my favorite part. Oh man. Good stuff.

ashley said...

Haha...that's awesome! I can't believe he kneed you in the back. Did it hurt?

Carn Family said...

Charlie does the same thing. The funniest moment I remember is waking up to him rocking a pillow to sleep in bed. No joke! This really happened.

Karen said...

Bridget,
I found you (through Lauren's blog)! This is funny. In our relationship, I'm the sleep talker...I don't think I have in a while, but one time I sat straight up and said, "The Kids are coming!" and giggled and the flopped right back on my back. I kind of remember doing that. There have been other times Kevin has just had to tell me the next morning. Fun to find your blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow thats pretty funny. Did you know he was a sleep talker before you married him? I record myself its pretty funny sometimes, but I'm not married yet, so I have no one to argue in my sleep with.