Thursday, January 3, 2008

BEST OF 2007: music

Since Brad has next to no interest in music this countdown is pretty much all from Bridget. The best songs were impossible to compile! After much obsessing this is what I came up with. Sorry!


Best female songs (no order)
Sara Bareilles – Love Song
Beyonce – Irreplaceable
Meiko – Reasons to Love
Tegan & Sarah – Call it Off
Feist – 1234
Alisha Keys – No One
Ingrid Michaelson – Keep Breathing
Fergie – Klumsy
Regina Spektor – On The Radio
Paramore – Misery Business

Best male songs (no order)
Muse – Starlight
Justin Timberlake – Love Stoned
The Shins – Phantom Limb
Maroon5 – Won’t Go Home Without You
Guster – Satellite
Angels and Airwaves – Everything’s Magic
Mika – Happy Ending
OneRepublic – Apologize (although I’m sick of this song, I still have to give it props)

Best cover of their own song
Rihanna – Umbrella (acoustic version)

Inexplicably addictive songs (no order)
Miley Cyrus – See You Again
Elliott Yamin – Wait For You

Best Use of a Song in a Commercial
Ingrid Michaelson – The Way I Am

Best music by the worst person
Amy Winehouse – Back to Black (I’m sorry her album is awesome!)

Worst thing to happen to music…
Heidi Montag recording an album. (Come on! Was she trying to write herself into some SNL skits?)

The only music that Brad and I still agree on…
Michael Buble

Favorite Album I Bought This Year
Colbie Caillet – Coco

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oooooh. Excellent recommendations! I don't have all of those, and I will need to purchase some of them. Thanks b! Missed you over the break! Let's play soon.