Wednesday, October 3, 2007

vampires...

It's funny how I only learned to love to read when I was finished with school. College nearly ruined it as I was forced to read pretentious short stories and 'classic' novels. Not all of it was bad, but for some reason a situation where I was forced to read a so-called intellectual novel because it had an obviously existential theme and then forced to discuss it with a room full of drabbling idiots who liked the sound of their own voices while trying to impress our grad student of a teacher put a bad taste in my mouth. Funny how that works, huh? Now I can choose what I read (even if it's still the so-called intellectual novels, at least it's by choice) and quietly consider my own conclusions and deeper meanings. So my point is, now I really enjoy reading.

After recently finishing the marathon of a series on the life of Josephine Bonaparte I felt like I had lost a friend. That is until my sister-from-another-mister Kristin got me hooked on the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.

Now for those non-believers out there, yes it's technically written for the young adult crowd (but so is Harry Potter, so that can't be a reason not to read it) and yes the love story is a little over-the-top (that's completely true and I have no excuses), but there is so much more to enjoy! There is this whole other vampire world hidden from humans while they live among us, and just like Harry and the magical world, now sometimes I forget that vampires really don't exist. So, since I read all three books in about 8 days it's kind of been on my mind a lot and now it seems like everything reminds me of vampires. So here is some recent evidence that I came across last night. He's my own little Edward!




Point of this blog... I like to read, Brad looked really cute as a three year old vampire :)

4 comments:

ashley said...

That Eric thing was seriously so funny. But also so sad considering all the work he had to do. Did we ever tell him that we held a burning pan up to the alarm to set them off on purpose? haha. That pumpkin game was so fun...remember Cory knocking our tv out of the cabinet just to get them? We should have won.

Ellie said...

Haha...Brad looks so unhappy! I know you don't have your own teeth in your mouth, but its Halloween..free candy, cheer up man.

Ellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

have you learned nothing? he may LOOK three, but he's probably like two-hundred-and-FOURTY-three. so...midnight party for book four? I finished eclipse this morning. we need to ... discuss. when does the movie come out?