Wednesday, October 10, 2007

bear down, chicago bears...

I don't know I must be in the football mood... my friend Ellie just convinced me to sign up for a girl's flag football team. Our first game is Thursday! I know there will be unintential comedy galore, we'll see. Apparently these chicks are intense, they have plays! Hmmmm...

So with football on my mind I came across this picture last night. This is all of Brad's brothers and his dad wearing shirts I made them. They say "Ditka, Polish Sausage, Bears". I for one thought it was a clever ode to SNL, and what better way is there to win over your new in-laws then with sports paraphenlia?



Left to right: dave, chris, charlie, ken, brad, ross

******************************************

By the way, while we are on the football track, it's probably appropriate I make a few shout outs:

--- To Chris for always providing us with a large screen viewing of the Bears games (whether in his own home or another)
.
--- To Chris's dog maggie for the amazingly foul smells she produces from such a tiny body during the Bear's games
.
--- To our sister-in-law Brooke (& Dave) for usually providing an amazing Sunday (and sometimes Saturday) meal for us... to prepare us for the Bears games
.
--- To Griese for not making a complete fool of himself, Tillman for his forced turnovers, and Lovie for his awsomeness... the whole season is now worth it since we beat the Packers (sorry Favre!)

2 comments:

Ellie said...

We will definitely be taking pictures of our football games for our blogs..comedy indeed. How intense can this team really be with a name like 'Love Stoned'??

ashley said...

Bridge...I really like the book! I'm ALMOST done...the ending totally surprised me! I'm going to go home and finish today. I'm sure I'll go out and buy the second one this weekend.